Marina Carrier is the current Senior Australian Modern Pentathlon Champion and has represented Australia across the youth, junior and senior international levels. Marina first represented Australia in Modern Pentathlon at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China (aged 17), and came runner-up to Rio Olympic gold-medallist Chloe Esposito in the Olympic trials for Rio in 2015.
Ranked 7th junior in the world in 2017 after her first junior international season, she then went on to compete at the senior levels, placing 6th in the German International Championships in a field that included four Rio Olympians and claiming podium finishes with bronze at both the Polish International Cup and the Senior Asian Championships.
This debut performance at senior elite international level demonstrates Marina’s potential to further excel.
Outside of pentathlon, Marina is studying a Bachelor of Medical Science degree and is kept busy keeping up with her 3-year old border collie!
- Australian Champion (2017 & 2018)
- Born in 1996 in NSW, Australia
- Lives in Sydney, Australia
- 2014 Youth Olympian
- Ranked 7th junior in the world in 2017
- First represented Australia in Modern Pentathlon at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China aged 17
- Runner-up to Rio Olympic gold-medallist Chloe Esposito in the Olympic trials for Rio in 2015
|29th||International Open German Championships||Berlin, Germany||1 Jul 2018|
|3rd||International Polish Open Championships||Drzonkow, Poland||3 Jun 2018|