Modern Pentathlon Australia is hosting the Australian National Championships on December 17-19, 2021 in Canberra at the Australian Institute of Sport.
The National Championships will see the fencing take place on day one and the riding, swim and laser run on day two of competition.
FULL EVENT INVITATION
Timetable times subject to change pending entry numbers.
New UIPM Competition Format for 2024 Paris Olympic Cycle & MPA National Championships
The competition will be held as close as possible to the new format as described by UIPM. Unfortunately, not all the details of this format or updated rule book are available at this time and not all potential changes are appropriate for us to implement however the following new format changes will be applicable in this competition:
- The point score from fencing will decrease from 7 points per win to 5 points.
- The fencing bonus round points will increase from 1 point to 2 points.
- The riding format is still to be determined, but 20mins with your draw horse before the competition will remain.
- The laser run will change to 5 X 600m with 4 X 5 green shooting series
- Run – Shoot – Run – Shoot – Run – Shoot – Run – Shoot – Run
- In the AIS Aquatic Testing and Training Centre
- 25m Indoor Testing Pool (with touch pads)
- Ranking Round – Up to 6 pistes indoor
- External fencers will be invited, with all hits counting toward MP score.
- There will be two pools, a senior pool (seniors, masters and juniors) and a youth pool.
- Men and Women will be fencing against each other.
- Under 11, 13 & 15 – There will be an optional ‘Youth’ fencing pool available for athletes to gain experience. The result of this discipline will NOT be counted towards their overall points score or placing.
- Under 17 – Athletes in this category may choose to fence for in either the youth or senior pool, however the result of this discipline will NOT be counted towards their overall points score or placing.
- Bonus Round – Senior fencing pool athletes only.
- up to 18+2 shooting range with EcoAims LT600 Hit and Miss Targets
- Running Course: varied surface
The large majority of the event (Fencing, Swimming and Laser Run) will be held at the Australian Institute of Sport.
The Riding will be held at ACT Equestrian Park, a 15 min drive from the Australian Institute of Sport.
Athletes are only allowed to participate in the National Championships if they are a State Modern Pentathlon Association member.
International competitors need to confirm current National registration.
Athletes can purchase an ‘MPA day membership’ for $20 in order to compete on the day and be covered by MPA insurance.