Travelling to Victoria – Permit Required
A permit system has been established for all domestic travel into Victoria.
Everyone will need to apply for a permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia.
The permit system is based on a traffic light system which allows for areas across Australia to be designated as green, orange or red according to their risk.
The permit system is for both travellers to Victoria and residents of Victoria returning home from interstate travel.
Please ensure you are across all state requirements prior to travel, to ensure your experience is as enjoyable as possible.
You can find more detailed information at coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
Face Masks in Victoria
From 11.59 pm on Sunday 17 January 2021, face masks will no longer be mandatory in all public indoor settings.
Face masks continue to be mandatory in the following locations:
- on public transport
- when riding in a ride share or taxi
- in large retail stores (over 2000 sqm), such as department stores, electronics stores, furniture stores, hardware stores or supermarkets
- inside shopping centres, including the retail stores inside shopping centres, such as clothing stores
- inside indoor markets
- on domestic flights to and from Victoria
- at airports
- in hospitals
- when working in or visiting hospitals and care facilities.
You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to.
It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
For more information visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.